February 12, 2010

THE CONTINUATION!

I was taken back from the realization that my so called boyfriend was really on the other end of the phone. The first thing he said was why are you playing on her phone and then proceeded to tell me it was over and we should just be friends. Friends…Friends are you serious after all of this do you actually think I would wanna be your friend? So at this point I'm screaming at him how I just wanted to be friends but you came to my school asking to stay together, like for real Lance. Blood is boiling and I'm sure I called him every explicit word I could think of and then some, I ended the conversation by simply saying I hope she gives you everything that I wouldn't. Literally, within seconds he calls back on his phone crying and saying, "he was put on the spot". Click! Don't call me. I had a slight thought for a second that I was being punked but came to the realization that this was the real thing. I received multiple phone calls from his friends trying to rectify the situation but whats done is done. Still to this day I can't believe that he disrespected me, our 2.5 yr. relationship over a chick he's known for a month. The following weeks to come I got flowers, candy, numerous phone calls and money entered into my account .. sorry money can't by my love.

After a few months around my birthday I received an anonymous phone call and it was him, for the 1st time I accepted it. I allowed us to talk and form some type of communication. After all he was my 1st real relationship and within those years a best friend. Later that year Lance surprised me with an elaborate skit that he took from Common's "come close" video and ended it with a proposal. Definitely was not the way to fix things, I accepted it since it was done publicly but behind closed doors I set that ass straight. We could never be back to the old Jada &Lance, he changed all of that with a phone call. Years later he is still present in my life but to many things occurred to repair: the baby that came before me but wasn't told about, the chick he cheated with and the other memorable moments. No I wasn't perfect either, no one ever is but his mistakes cost us something special. Lance to this day ask for forgiveness and if I could ever be more than a girlfriend, could I ever see myself as his wife. There are times when I wonder if we were suppose to go through this to end up together in the end. We got together so young and out of all my relationships to follow he still pops up. Who knows what God's plan is but….. WHAT IF?

1 comment: