February 18, 2010

Dr. Jekyll

After the debacle that was Lance I wanted to take it very slow, just concentrate on school and get a handle on it. Once I got the swing of things I met Alan, a senior, he was so far left from me that I thought why not? He's from Chicago and our 1st initial meeting was when his organization was giving lessons on how to step as in "STEP in the name of Love," just so happen I was his partner. Within the next few days I realized we had a few classes together, funny how you don't notice someone until they are smack in front of you. We held minor conversations that eventually led to our 1st date. The first time we went out was very interesting and cheap but it was cool with me. He took me to a museum(which I love) and later went for ice cream… how PG! Alan was very boy next door just not the door that would be found on my block. I wasn't use to this kind of guy; the kind that made sure to walk on the outside of me while in the streets or opened car doors coming & going. I never knew that men should do these things, so it was a pleasant discovery. Due to him being a senior in the same school he was able to help lead me in a good direction. We went on many dates to follow: nba games, concerts and gallery openings. One of the most memorable outings occurred after our movie date he dropped me off only to ask me to grab a coat and come back down he had a surprise, now who doesn't love surprises, so I followed his direction. We drove to the monument and walked around late at night which at this time was beautifully lit, ran throw the unexpected sprinklers and just talked all nigh about life and random facts. It was like a scene out of LOVE JONES. Even though he wasn't the typical guy I would go for I thought maybe that was a good thing, hey in the short time I've known him we did more things then the people that came before him. So what's wrong with this one,right?

1 comment:

  1. keep it up girl!!! I just need to sip a glass of wine as I read. I like the part

    Alan was very boy next door just not the door that would be found on my block-LMAOOOOO

    ReplyDelete